Tuesday 24 November 2009

I AM SIGOURNEY WEAVER/I AM NOT SIGOURNEY WEAVER...

I've written a letter to James Cameron...

Mr. J. Cameron
c/o Lightstorm Entertainment

919 Santa Monica Blvd
90401 Santa Monica

California, USA.

24 November 2009

Dear Jim (it's okay if I call you "Jim", right?),


Firstly, massive fan. Your contribution to cinema is completely inspiring (even Piranha 2!) and I'm really, reeeeally looking forward to Avatar, even though my friends refer to it as "that giant Smurf movie." Clearly they're movie-hating idiots!

Secondly, now that I have your attention {crossing my fingers right now!} I'd like to take this opportunity to pitch a unique marketing/TV tie-in idea which I think you'll agree is the perfect addition to your already AMAZING Avatar marketing campaign.


OK, ready? Here goes!


Basically, it's a prime-time, network quiz show called "I Am Sigourney Weaver/I Am Not Sigourney Weaver." Inspired by your completely and utterly revolutionary special effects techniques, the concept behind the show is simple: each contestant (picked at random from a ballot of convicts) is given an opportunity to guess whether the "Avatar" they're watching either is (or isn't!) movie legend Sigourney Weaver! If the contestant guesses correctly, they win! If they guess incorrectly, they lose! (Oh btw, losing = certain death.) It's that simple! (Lady Sigourney would herself be required to film several minutes of footage for each episode, although I'm sure with your string of industry contacts we'd be able to set this up!)

I'd be enormously grateful for any feedback you have on this idea, which I think could be the greatest quiz show idea since someone with too much money/cocaine decided that randomly opening cardboard boxes on primetime television somehow = mind-blowing entertainment. I look forward to us working together!

Yours sincerely,


Chris Blohm

Editor-in-Chief, 24 Frame Planet

P.S. If I hear anyone referring to Avatar fans as "Avatards" then I will publicly chide them.

P.P.S. My heart WILL go on if you read this!

P.P.P.S I've enclosed a picture of me in Avatar garb (Avagarb!) which I trust sufficiently encapsulates my sheer, unadulterated ENTHUSIASM for your new film!


Will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment